Duarte Garage - Lincoln Highway Museum

The building is at the corner of North L Street and Portola Avenue in Livermore. Frank Duarte built the garage in 1915 as a way stop on the Lincoln Highway, which passed through Livemore. The occasional traveler could buy gas here or get his or her car repaired. Duarte's primary business was farm implement repair. The building was saved from demolition by the Livermore Heritage Guild and is held in a long term agreement with the City of Livermore. It is used as a Transportation Museum, a gathering place for antique car runs and an annual spaghetti dinner and auction. This event takes place each Memorial Day Weekend.

BACK BUTTON FORWARD BUTTON