- November 1999 Vol. XXIX No. 2
- Thursday, November 11 @ 7:00 p.m.
LHG Meeting, Carnegie Bldg.
- Livermore Art Association Holiday Expressions
- Carnegie Bldg. 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Wed.-Sun.
- You will find handmade gift items and artwork including ornaments,
handmade greeting cards, ceramics, basketry, paintings.. hand
woven and knitted items. ALL MONTH - NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER
- LHG calendars will be available at the Carnegie Library
December 1. Titled "Livermore: Past, Present and Future",
cost is $9.50 which includes tax. These calendars make great
gifts for the new year. For additional information call: 449-9927
- Livermore Herald, April 17,1877
- WHERE IS YOUR CHILD AT NIGHT? We frequently see children
of from six to twelve years of age, both boys and girls, playing
about our streets in the evening. A few nights since, we saw
such a band on Third Street as late as ten o'clock. Of what can
the parents of these children be thinking? Do they have an idea
that this species of "night-school" is beneflcial to
the little ones? It is this very street education
- which is filling San Francisco with hoodlums and preparing
for the people of that city a problem which we fear they will
- See that the little ones are at home at night and more, make
that home pleasant and attractive; join with them in some game
or pastime or read aloud from some instructive book or paper.
By so doing, you will take from the child all desire to go out,
and implant in his or her mind thoughts of good, instead of evil.
Think on this.
- Livermore Herald, December 30,1880
- A very plausible chap, with face of brass, tongue of treacle,
and possessed of the power of truthful lying in a most remarkable
degree, imposed on a number of families in this place recently,
in a most transparent and curious manner. He offered for sale
an article called by him "Manchester Rock", which he
guaranteed would, if merely put into the oil in any common lamp,
prevent all breakage of lamp chimneys and danger of explosion.
Strange to say, he made a number of sales in this vicinity, each
purchaser being also sold to the full amount of the purchase
money. The victims of this swindle are very chary about making
known the facts of their being "taken in", and we therefore
place the facts above before our readers that others may not
add to his dishonest gains.